In early 2016 the Atlanta Steeplechase was looking for a way to get attendees to engage more at the annual event. Attendees were lacking information, not able to find areas of the race grounds and were never sure when events were happening. In addition, with printing costs rising and the inability to distribute materials over the large area of the grounds – a new way needed to be found.
As long time patrons of the Atlanta Steeplechase – we saw a way to couple technology with the attendees, while also engaging a more mobile customer base and a younger millennial base.
The Atlanta Steeplechase mobile app, combines traditional information – sponsors, calendar of events, grounds information, directions – with push notifications for events, race results, live auctions and the ability to communicate with the Steeplechase staff during race day.
By using word of mouth and a couple of email blasts to the registrants – the mobile app was installed by 1 out of every 3 families who attended the Steeplechase in 2016. Going into 2017 – the app will be evolved to show larger return on investment for sponsors (through push advertising and promotional codes/coupons), provide earlier notification around dates and connect return attendees with the event.
Well it’s been a furious summer here at Technology One. We’ve gotten the opportunity to dive into the development of BlackBerry 10 Applications using the Native Cascades Development Framework, and it’s been a blast! Yesterday we released our first consumer application, tideWatch.
We are still in the business of building B2C and B2B apps, but hey we love the beach, and we wanted a fun project to do a deeper dive into Cascades and how it can help us build highly optimized mobile applications:
- Offline data caching
- GPS integration
- Real-time access to NOAA Tide Prediction Data
- Multi Tide Stations
- User customization capabilities
- Camera integration
We’ve been more than pleased with the results. The Cascades Framework has resulted in a smooth and responsive application. In future posts we’ll go a bit more in depth on the coding of this application.
Event Planners and Tradeshow Managers have you ever had the following happen?
- An attendee asks you if the other people from his company are checked in?
- Someone asks one of the temps about a session discussing “widgets” and the temp has no idea what that session is?
- Someone gets hurt and you need their emergency contact info and can’t get anyone who can log into the registration?
- Look at your printed Agenda In Detail in your binder, and realize it’s the old version?
- Realize there was information which every staff member should know to help resolve some on-site issue?
Technolgy One Group’s Event Planner mobile application was written with these problems and more in mind. Our application
can take many of the day to day issues an Event Manager runs into and give you answers right on your iPhone, Android or BlackBerry SmartPhone.
We developed the Event Planner Mobile Application using the following technologies:
- BlackBerry 10 Native Cascades Application.
- Secure access to Restful Data Services
- NFC Badge Scanning
- iOS and Android versions also available
When Bridgestone Golf wanted to directly engage their customers, we built a custom Video Chat Kiosk for their ball-fitting team, called B-FIT.
B-FIT is Bridgestone Golf’s free online consultation service, designed to help customers select the perfect golf ball. The service includes live video consultations in retail stores. Since launch, customers who have used the service have raved about the convenience and unique advantages of face-to-face conversations with Bridgestone’s ball-fitting technicians.
We developed the Video Chat Kiosk using the following technologies:
- OpenTok WebRTC API for video/audio services
- SignalR for real-time chat request notifications
- HTML 5 Client for the Microsoft Windows based Kiosk
- iOS for the iPad version of the Kiosk
We are excited to launch our newly rebuilt technologyone.net website.
The web has changed! Your customers want the same experience whether they access your website from their Smart Phone, Tablet or Desktop. Our new website uses Responsive Design Techniques to ensure your experience looks equally good regardless of your web device.
One website, all devices!
If you want to learn more about the future of the web please contact us.