Posts tagged ‘BlackBerry’
Well it’s been a furious summer here at Technology One. We’ve gotten the opportunity to dive into the development of BlackBerry 10 Applications using the Native Cascades Development Framework, and it’s been a blast! Yesterday we released our first consumer application, tideWatch.
We are still in the business of building B2C and B2B apps, but hey we love the beach, and we wanted a fun project to do a deeper dive into Cascades and how it can help us build highly optimized mobile applications:
- Offline data caching
- GPS integration
- Real-time access to NOAA Tide Prediction Data
- Multi Tide Stations
- User customization capabilities
- Camera integration
We’ve been more than pleased with the results. The Cascades Framework has resulted in a smooth and responsive application. In future posts we’ll go a bit more in depth on the coding of this application.
Event Planners and Tradeshow Managers have you ever had the following happen?
- An attendee asks you if the other people from his company are checked in?
- Someone asks one of the temps about a session discussing “widgets” and the temp has no idea what that session is?
- Someone gets hurt and you need their emergency contact info and can’t get anyone who can log into the registration?
- Look at your printed Agenda In Detail in your binder, and realize it’s the old version?
- Realize there was information which every staff member should know to help resolve some on-site issue?
Technolgy One Group’s Event Planner mobile application was written with these problems and more in mind. Our application
can take many of the day to day issues an Event Manager runs into and give you answers right on your iPhone, Android or BlackBerry SmartPhone.
We developed the Event Planner Mobile Application using the following technologies:
- BlackBerry 10 Native Cascades Application.
- Secure access to Restful Data Services
- NFC Badge Scanning
- iOS and Android versions also available